Random Solitary Thoughts

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A post (almost) forgotten...

It is now almost 9pm on a rainy Thursday night in the middle of January, and I'm sitting here in front of my trusty old PC, typing out the remnants of last year on a post which I should have done almost entirely a month a ago if it was not for the ill-timed intervention of our local favourite, procastination.

...hear me weep...

So it is with such diligence that I am now seated here in my imaginarily partitioned cubicle at home writing about last year when everyone is done reading blogs about new years and past years. Maybe it's just my habit of wanting to wait for the traffic to pass.

And so, my untimely tribute to 2006! May you be remembered well.

Last year was a year like none other. To start things off, it began like almost any other year before it. It marked a lot of life-changing decisions for me, and for many of my friends as well. And it ended, surprisingly well, on a nice, sombre, but beautiful note in the major key.

Among the more memorable events that happened was the flooding of my new (new job, old office) office, and the subsequent uprooting of my papaya tree a couple of days after. That, and the fact that I finally (after years of hesitation and indecisiveness) bought a car!

Those who knew me personally (and whom I have troubled {unintentionally}), would know of the turbulent times when all my words were morbid representations of morbidity at it's morbid best. If there is even such a phrase. But through those times, I found friends that I have always took for granted. And I learned from them. And from my mistakes.

I quit my job for reasons known to few (hint: those mentioned above), and have thrived far better than I expected in my new one, tho I still have a long way to go. This is, has been, a good start.

I found spirituality, which I have somehow lost along the way, and I am grateful to the people who helped me find it again. Our paths may not always be the same, but I believe at the end of the road I'll see you all somehow.

I found family once more, and learned to appreciate who they are, who I am, and what I meant to them, and they to me.

I found friends. And I see them with eyes renewed.

I found my joy in writing, and a unique style to call my own. And friends whom I only know through words.

I found life, and reasons to move on.

I found myself. Once again.


It is now slightly over 9pm on a rainy Thursday night in the middle of January and I'm sitting here in front of my trusty old PC, remembering the remnants of last year on a post which I have just written. It was, has been, a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home