Random Solitary Thoughts

Friday, January 30, 2004

Typing of the living...

Morning has barely begun. I have barely woken up. And yet, the continuous sounds of typing can be heard emitting from the keyboards of the two junior designers (who should be, as most designers would know, be clicking instead...).

Thus is the usual morning situation at the office. The two of them gossiping before the bell rings. Then the sound of typing takes over and continues until breaktime, where the physical gossip continues. After the bell, the binary gossiping resumes. Ah... bliss is life... and it would most certainly help, if they could do ANY work...

I am most desperately sleepy today. Reason being, I didn't get my daily packet of teh ais kau! That, and the fact that I've been sleeping late thanks to a particular book I've been reading. Thank whoever I finished it last night. Terry Pratchet rocks!

P.S. I know this blog is a bit late, but for some reason that I forgot, I forgot to bring back this notepad file to post online last night, so here it is.

P.P.S. Yes, I know I can change the date and blahblah but I'm too lazy to add a few extra clicks.


The typing continues throughout the night...

Work has barely begun... nope, that doesn't sound right... lemme do this again... ahem...
Work has NOT begun, and already the sounds of typing are filling the dusty morning air. No work is being achieved. Never mind that it's not urgently required. Never mind that no one is barking at them. Never mind that they're being paid to work, for all that's important (to them) is to gossip all day long!

That's it... I'm cranky... I didn't get much sleep last night due to inconsiderate neighbours playing LOUD fireworks the whole night... or at least most of the night... or enough to keep me awake for some time and to aggravate me enough to feel grouchy this morning... bah, humbug!

Anyway, I have decided, (and partly inspired by the recent reading of Terry Pratchet's 'The Fifth Elephant') to write a story (something I haven't done in a while, not considering the recent long-winded account of my trip to Bali last year...). The story will be posted page by page as it progresses and hopefully by the end of the year, I'll have a quarter of it done. (so that sorta leaves me four years to complete a novel)

So starting next week, apart from my usual rantings, broodings, gloating, and mindless other stuff, I will add a short segment of the story. Anyone is free to comment, and add whatever you think is necessary, although, I might not change the course or direction of the story which is, by the way already planned even as I speak (shucks, I've been mentally writing and re-writing it for the past four years...) but, anything's possible! Till next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home