Random Solitary Thoughts

Monday, February 21, 2005

Flight of the RibCage...

On a glorious rainy saturday last weekend, I was kicked in the ribs by a kick. Been the kind who is immuned to knocks and kicks, I carried on throughout the evening with only a mild pain in my side. Later that night, the pain persisted, resulting in a lack of tossing and turning around in bed.

Two days later, it still hurt. Now, I usually recover very fast from bruises and such, and not many kicks have given me injuries which span more than a day. This one however, began to worry me. Upon closer inspection, I realised that it was my ribs which we aching, and not my kidneys, which was where I originally thought I was hit.

The reality sunk in. I might have broken my ribs! Therefore, after working long hours yesterday, I spent quite a few minutes looking for a clinic that was still open at that hour. I was lucky.

The doctor had a mildly sadistic sense of nature, often referring to the horrors of rib breaking, and then adding, 'But I don't think that will happen'. Sweet.

So anyway, since an X-Ray was needed, I took half the day off to get one done at SJMC, and after an analysis of the film, I was diagnosed as having NO broken ribs! (Yeah!!! My ribs rock!!!) Instead, it was probably some injury to 'soft tissue' that will eventually heal in about two weeks time.

In the mean time, I will be chilling out on the bench while my friends get to do fun things like killer compasso's and crazy back-bends and limb-twisting movements too hard to comprehend. Man, I wish I could train...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home